Thursday, September 27, 2012

The job search continues, and the photography bug is setting in

What the biggest bummer about being unemployed?  Applying for multiple jobs, even going to a temp agency and getting set up with them...only to still be sitting at home after eleven and a half weeks and have roughly 2 job interviews in that amount of time.  De. Press. Ing.  I'm feeling a little blah this week, mainly due to my sinuses/allergies so I'm sure that's factoring into the bummed out feeling.  Yet every few days I go back and apply for more jobs.  Even part time positions just to be able to get myself back into the work world.

A week has gone by since I received the letter from the judge.  I was excited when I got it, I even want to frame the darn letter just to prove to them that what they did wasn't justified.  But the excitement has waned, possibly because all the stress from dealing with that is now over.  Hopefully for good, if they are able to appeal it again I think I may need to be admitted to the funny farm.

Last night I was looking through random blogs and came across one with some photos.  Which got me to thinking...I have free time so why not take some photos.  See, you need motivation for stuff like that in my case.  Last year around this time I took my nieces and nephew to Kankakee State Park to take pictures of them as Christmas gifts for family.  They turned out really well.  And now with fall approaching, it makes me want to get out and get some pictures of the changing season and capture the colors.  While my allergies may not love the difference in weather (burning leaves you make my nasal passages freak out!), the creative side of me likes to get out and see the changes.  However I may need to wait a little for that as I'm not so sure the leaves are quite changing as much as I'd want just yet.  I would love to go back to Kankakee State Park or even here in town and walk some of the different trails through the parks and get some pictures.  I'll post a few that I took of the kids last year along with this as perhaps it will give me that motivation I need to set aside one full day of getting out and about and enjoying nature.

Will, Trisha and Danielle... this was my favorite


Danielle, Will and Trisha... I had them sit on the railing of a wooden bridge

We got closer down by the water, they were good sports about finding different locations.  Their patience lasted about an hour before they began to get crabby!

This picture I took with my Minolta SLR film camera but added the darkening on the edges since I had them also put the photos onto a CD.  You'd think he was modeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment